Sanford POWER Volleyball Academy Activity Updates
05/22/2020, 3:30pm CDT
By Sanford Media Relations
The Sanford POWER Volleyball Academy has a full slate of expanded offerings coming up for the summer and the fall.
That includes a brand new beach program, indoor summer workout options and the annual fall league.
Here are details about all of the offerings. Get signed up now online or call (605) 312-7907 with questions.
The skills taught combined with the additional touches on the ball, will improve your game whether you consider yourself a beach player or an indoor player. The beach game will improve your volleyball IQ and knowledge, while making you stronger and faster.
Beach volleyball is now a fast growing collegiate sport. Programs are being started all over the country. For those looking to compete at a high level, we offer the programming to do so – in a team setting or individual work.
All camps, clinics and practices take place at the Digz Volleyball sand courts at 5120 E 10th St. in Sioux Falls.
Beach team program:
- This is position- and team-specific training for you and your beach partner. It’s open to girls and boys ages 12-18. We strongly encourage you to bring your own partner, but if that isn’t possible we’ll do our best to match you with a partner.
- This is designed for those who want to take their beach game seriously and train specifically with a partner. Sessions will focus on game play and team development.
- Includes an average of two practices per week from May 28-July 31. Players will have the flexibility to choose between Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each full week. Times will be from 9 a.m.-Noon.
- Cost is $275 per player. That includes beach uniforms – consisting of a tournament jersey/top, practice t-shirt, towel and water bottle. That does not include tournament costs or Digz Sunday League costs.
Beach camps and clinics:
- These sessions are open to boys and girls in grades 6-8 and 9-12.
- Single-session clinics start at just $20.
- There are offerings in May, June and July on different days of the week.
Summer camps and clinics:
- There are a variety of single-session clinics, multi-day camps and weekly position academies for players in grades 6-8 and 9-12. (Grades are for the 2020-21 school year.)
- Event dates range from May 26 to Aug. 11.
- Costs vary by session, but start at just $20.
- All events will be held at the Sanford Pentagon.
High school team camp:
- The 2020 Pentagon Volleyball Team Camp is June 25-26 at the Sanford Pentagon. This is a great opportunity for coaches to challenge and prepare their teams at a very affordable price.
- Each court will be run by college- and high-level club coaches from throughout the region. They will run drills and be a valuable resource for feedback for coaches.
- Teams will be involved in 6-on-6 competitive drills and will play five matches over two days. Certified referees will be provided for each match. There will be one skill session each day. Players will have the opportunity to work with the various college coaches on the skill of their choice.
- We will create the timing of camp for ease of travel and will have a team rate for hotels if your team requires a hotel night.
- Teams will receive camp t-shirts and teams will receive discounted rates at the team store.
This is a development opportunity open to players in Grades 4-7. All practices and matches will be held at the Sanford Pentagon with a start date of Aug. 29.
- Each player will receive a t-shirt and a water bottle
- Skill development includes:
- Two skills clinics
- One practice (or clinic) per week
- One match per week on Saturday
- Year-end tournament
- Cost $120